The facility began as a family owned business, Fondessy Enterprises Inc., in 1954, and handled a variety of household municipal and industrial solid wastes until 1983. Envirosafe Services of Ohio, Inc. (ESOI), a subsidiary of Envirosafe Services, Inc. (ESI) of King of Prussia, Pennsylvania purchased 100 percent of the stock privately held by the Fondessy family in 1983. ESOI discontinued the acceptance of municipal and household waste in 1983. ESOI operated under the former owner’s interim status Federal Part A Permit, until the Federal Part B Permit was granted in 1988. In 1991, ESOI received its State Part B Permit, which included renewal of the existing permit activities and authorization for expansion. In February 1992, EnviroSource, Inc. of Stamford, Connecticut, purchased ESI and its subsidiaries, including Envirosafe Services of Ohio, Inc, at which time, ESOI became a wholly owned subsidiary of Envirosource Technologies, Inc. In December 2002, Envirosource Technologies, Inc. was spun-off/sold and is no longer a subsidiary of EnviroSource, Inc. ESOI is a Veteran-Owned Small Busines.